- 1 in 4 people experience mental health issues each year
- Half of mental ill health starts by age 15 and 75% develops by age 18
- Among the general population 20.6% of people have had suicidal thoughts at some time, 6.7% have attempted suicide and 7.3% have engaged in self-harm
- 34.6% of females and 19.3% of males aged 16-24 have had thoughts of suicide in their lifetime
- The UK has one of the highest self-harm rates in Europe
- 1 in 6 workers will experience depression, anxiety orproblems relating to stress at any one time
- One in five adults aged 18 to 74 years experienced at least one form of child abuse, whether emotional abuse, physical abuse, sexual abuse, or witnessing domestic violence or abuse, before the age of 16 years (8.5 million people), according to the Crime Survey for England and Wales (CSEW)
- With more and more people are needing bereavement counselling and loneliness counselling
Your donations of any amount will help us fulfil our dream for mental health for all, as we continue to train our volunteer counsellors, and help us supports clients for longer .
£50 would help pay for a 1-hour counselling session
£50 can support a couple, a desperate family and traumatised person pay for an hour and half counselling..
£180 Will help an individual have 6 counselling sessions
If you require assistance immediately, please visit the page below for some emergency phone numbers to contact.